Christmas is coming up fast and it will soon be here. It’s time to get all your Christmas crafts and decorations thought through. If you have small children who are learning about the nativity scene at school it is a great idea to get them to get creative with a bit of home learning.
This nativity scene will be great fun to make as well as look super awesome when it is finished. Here is how to make your own.
You will need:
- A brown paper bag
- Glue or tape
- Navitiy character cutouts (can be hand drawn or printed out)
- Any additional decorations you’d like to add (glitter, sequins etc.)
How to make your nativity
- Cut the top of your bag so it forms a roof-like triangle shape. It is a good idea to measure up your nativity characters against your bag so that you know how tall the roof needs to be.
- Next, choose which side of the bag you would like to be the front and cut out the large window at the front. To make this easier try folding the front side of the bag in half and cutting out your intended shape. Again, remember that all your characters need to be seen so don’t do the window too small!
- Once you have your lovely barn style bag, it’s time to add the details. Draw and cut out a North Star and stick it to the peak of the roof – showing that they are beneath it! You may also choose to add an angel to the roof or additionally, some more stars.
- Now fold over the bottom of your nativity characters to make it easier for them to stand up. You can then arrange them as you wish as stick them down so that they can be seen through the window.
- Now add any additional details suchs as hay to the front of the bag or glitter/ additional sequins.
Now that your nativity scene is complete, why not try and make another one in a slightly different way. These will make wonderful home decorations this Christmas and can also be given as presents for family and friends.
Get your own paper bags now at Paper Bag Co. They sell a wide range of bags, perfect for family crafts!